Week of May 31, 2020
Christ Church families, peace and grace to you in the Lord! This will be our last posting for the 2019–2020 Kid City ministry year. We have learned so much this year – we’ve studied music, the books of John, Luke, Nehemiah, and, lastly, stories from Jesus’ life as presented by “Volume 7: Jesus the Messiah” of The Gospel Project. This week, we will learn about Jesus’ encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well. She goes to draw water out of the well and he proclaims that there is much better water to be had – the living water of God. May this knowledge of the thirst-quenching Holy Spirit quench your thirst for rest, peace, and grace. In Christ we have these amazing gifts. I look forward to when we will be able to worship together again and when the children will bless our ears with their delightful learning and play.
DURING THE LIVE STREAM,
- Orange Line kids may complete this week’s Kid Connect.
- Red and Green Line kids are invited to watch a Sunday School lesson (14:18) on Jesus and the Samaritan Woman (John 4) from “Volume 7: Jesus the Messiah” of The Gospel Project:
3 FAMILY DINNER DEVOTIONALS FROM BIG BELIEFS! TO READ THROUGHOUT THE WEEK
- Discuss the lesson together: Where did Jesus stop to rest? (a well Samaria) Why was the woman surprised Jesus talked to her? (Jews did not like Samaritans) What is the living water Jesus told the woman about? (God’s spirit) Who did Jesus say He is? (the Messiah) What makes people special? People are special because God made us in His own image.
- Build a well
- Punch holes near the rim of a cup and thread a long string through. Explain that a well is a hole in the ground often surrounded by rocks or bricks. In Bible times, people got water from a well by using a bucket. Invite your kids to build a well with blocks and practice lowering and retrieving the cup from the well.
- Say Before we had pipes and faucets, people got their water from a well with a bucket. Usually, women did this hard job. As our story narrated, Jesus stopped at a well, but He didn’t have a bucket to get water. He was waiting to talk to a certain woman there about the living water of the Holy Spirit, which when received will enable us to never be spiritually thirsty again!
SUGGESTED ACTIVITIES FOR CHILD(REN) TO DO
- Orange Line: New City Catechism Questions 36-52 “Spirit, Restoration, Growing in Grace.”
- Everyone: Memorize John 3:16. Use this song to help! (By Seeds Family Worship)